So, you decided to go sugar free. Does that mean that you cannot look at another one of your favorite desserts again? Wait – no! Of course, you can still have sweet things; you just need to find the ones that are sweetened with low calorie sugar substitutes – just like our sugar free cheesecake today!
That’s right, who would’ve thought that your favorite New York Cheesecake could be sugar free? But the good news is that – it indeed can be and we have the best one right here!
Now anyone trying to cut carbs and go sugar free, will also want to do something about the flour content of cheesecake. Flour is, after all, carbs and acts much like the sugar. But with this yummy cheesecake, you needn’t worry about the sugar or the flour! It is a really yummy yet healthy cheesecake and that too without sacrificing taste!
That’s right, even as this cheesecake cuts out flour, and uses a regular low calorie sugar substitute; it manages to taste just like your regular cheesecake! In fact, as the customers say in their reviews, you wouldn’t even be able to tell it apart from regular NY cheesecake… Now, consider all that, and this one definitely warrants a try! Plus, this one is also Kosher certified… So, no worries there as well.
The other pro about this product is that it is very reasonably priced. That means, you aren’t paying a whole lot of money for a small cheesecake either. It is quite well sized at 10 inches in diameter and makes for 14 very comfortable pieces. Also, it weighs a generous 3.5 pounds and costs under $50!
So, if indeed, this is the one that sounds like a deal for you then go check out the reviews left by customers. And then, once you are decided, go ahead and order one!
And now if you wanted to try your hand in the kitchen, then you can also try making a yummy cheesecake at home as well… Though it probably won’t taste as good as Steve’s Mom’s one… But here is the recipe for you…
Make Your Own Cheesecake
For the crust you will need:
- Butter (softened) – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Whole pecans (crushed) – 8 ounce
- Flour (optional) – 1 tbsp.
And now for the filling:
- Packaged cream cheese – 3 8-ounce packets
- Cornstarch – 2 tbsps.
- Sour cream – 1 cup
- Stevioside – ¼ tsp.
- Eggs – 2
- Egg whites – 2
- Vanilla beans (scraped) – 2
And now we move on to the directions to take these simple ingredients and turn them into a yummy cheesecake!
- Take a 9 inch spring form pan and lightly coat in cooking spray.
- Now mix together the crust ingredients. You may or may not add the flour.
- Mix till you have a crumbly mixture, and then spread over the bottom of the pan – and press down. Leave this in the fridge while you get on with the filling.
- Set your oven to preheat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now take a large bowl and add the cream cheese, stevia, sour cream and vanilla bean seeds.
- Beat together till you have a smooth mixture.
- Taste and adjust the stevia now.
- Next add in the eggs and egg whites and corn flour.
- Beat to combine and then pour into the base.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 60 mins. You need to check for firmness at the center of the cheesecake to see if it’s done.
And then, leave to cool in the fridge overnight before serving! Like was said before, this probably won’t taste quite as good as Steve’s Mom’s SUGAR FREE Original NY Cheesecake, but it is definitely worth a try for cheesecake lovers who like to experiment in the kitchen! It will still make you a flourless sugar free cheesecake, and one that tastes quite good!